Thursday, February 11, 2010

Illustration Friday: Muddy

My concept for this week's challenge was based on my dad's career as a paleontologist. Digging in the dirt and mud was a regular part of his job, and an aspect he enjoyed thoroughly.

I had a bit of a setback with this image due to the huge snowstorm this past week, and an unintended consequence is that my color palette came out a bit "muddy" as well. At any rate, I'm really enjoying these weekly challenges and for having another good excuse to push myself to be more productive/creative, or as my meditation teacher is fond of saying, " Active, positive, creative!"

3 comments:

Jason King said...

Thanks for the comment for my Olympic mudboarder! I'm trying to treat the IF topics as real gigs and hoping to stay motivated to create more...I like your work! btw - I live in Montana, former home of the T-Rex and current home of Jack Horner, super-paleontologist!

Ben Powis said...

Wonderful work, I love it :)
Best,
Ben

Unknown said...

Great work! Congratulations!