Thursday, August 20, 2015

21 Day Drawing Challenge: Day 1


I just started the 21 Day Drawing Challenge by Von Glitschka, from Lynda.com. I doubt I'll be posting these every day, but I'm really excited so far and couldn't wait to share my first piece. Our first challenge was to draw a cat. My solution was to come up with an image that conveys my own fondness of cats and of what great companions they are (contrary to popular misconceptions!). I also took the opportunity to experiment a bit more with my approach to digital coloring, which I found very rewarding. Somewhere along the way, I got inspired by the old animated intro to My Three Sons, which helped me to go for a more elongated composition. I think it helps to convey the relationship between the cat and his owner more from the cat's perspective, which is fitting since "cat" was the prompt for the day's challenge. 

No comments: